I decided that today I was going to vanquish the anger from my blog.
This is most certainly thanks to my new maid service that I've just recently hired. To me, a clean house is pretty much like the orgasm that just keeps on giving. I'm serious. For the first time in my life about a two months ago my friend took me to IKEA for the first time and I am almost positive I came. Instantly.
But my husband...well...he's not as concerned with cleanliness as I am...or at all.
This led to many an argument in fact it was the only thing we argued about. Every time I cleaned the house top to bottom and some how (I don't know how) my husband and the dogs would trash it like a hurricane leaving me with the disheveled remnants. Even small things like doing the dishes he seemed to think was a 12 step program. And laundry? Forget it. He can wear the same pair of shorts that he's farted in, worked out in, slept in...for weeks. Yeah you're jealous I can tell.
I love my husband. Truly, deeply, love him. And that's why I decided to make our marriage better by hiring Elvira (badass name, no?).
She and two other ladies came to my house yesterday, an hour late. I almost didn't open the door because it pisses me off when I set an appointment with someone and they don't call when they're running late. But damn I'm glad I did.
They cleaned the house top side and bottom and organized, did the laundry, washed my sheets, made the bed, mopped, and now my house sparkles just like the models at IKEA.
Yeah bitches. THAT clean.
I was so happy today waking up to such cleanliness that I just totally forgot about all the bullshit in my life.
It was liberating to walk around and not see my husbands crap all over the place, dog toys everywhere, dust...all gone....ahhhh.....
I was so thrilled I just kept picking rooms in the house to sit down in just so that I could enjoy the cleanliness from every possible vantage point.
Now, my husband was totally against this, he hates spending money on a maid but even he admitted what they did in 4 hours he couldn't have done unless he took 2-3 days off work and did nothing else but clean the house.
We're not rich, we're a young couple just starting our lives as a married couple and I'm really not one of those stuck up bitches that can't wash a dish or use a vacuum. In fact, if anything I was the only one cleaning in our house...and that can get exhausting. It's me vs. him and 4 dogs. I have a full time job as a business owner and working with clients all over the place is tiring enough before getting home to a messy house that just makes me want to scream.
But oh sweet baby Jesus...when they finished cleaning my house I just wanted to hug them.
To them, that would have been totally weird, but for me it still wouldn't have expressed the pure manic high I was on...or maybe that was the cleaning supplies. They even arranged the food in my walk in pantry. I mean COME ON! Who does that?! Awesome people that's who...and they work for me.
So, every two weeks they're going to come, if my husband doesn't trash the house in two days which I don't think he's going to do because if he's going to spend the money on the help he isn't going to be quite as careless as he had been...or at least that's my prediction.
To continue with the aforementioned drugless euphoria, I went to the doctors office today for a follow up on my leg. He gave me the green light for starting physical therapy and even said I could go swimming now. Until I broke my leg before the wedding and then had this surgery I had been at the gym 6 days a week. Needless to say, I miss it and I need to build my strength back and get my bikini body back. Summers close but it ain't here yet and I'm ready to give myself to the gym gods.
Happy thoughts :)
-Divided Mind-
Men just have to be shook up and shown a reality of sorts about what they do/don't do to help their wives around the house! I hope hubby gets it through his fat head to keep at least HIS personal shit picked up! Sometimes you just have to get them where it hurts the most...in the wallet!
ReplyDeleteI hope PT works out well and that you get your bikini body back. Lord knows I never will and that's ok with me! I don't think women in their 50's should be wearing a swimsuit anywhere! LOL
A clean house is AWESOME. I just cleaned mine, including the basement. It took a ton of time, even more so because we apparently have the same taste in men. Mine will wear jeans, even sleep in them, for a week straight. We're going through a rough patch- he just got a new XBOX game so cleaning is not his priority at the moment. But seriously, there is nothing better than waking up to a clean house. Clutter makes me edgy.
ReplyDeleteGuys can be so grotty sometimes, it makes me mad!
ReplyDelete