I should've been home on time. I should have been home before my husband even left his job for the day...but I wasn't.
In fact, it would be fair to say I don't know where I went or for how long.
I feel like I was heading home from my friend's house and had almost reached my home, then I blinked and it was dark and I was in familiar city and parking lot at almost midnight.
That's what a day can be like with alters.
No matter what you have planned or who's on board when you plan it, there's always a 50-50 shot you won't be there for it.
I finally trudged through the door just before 12 and was met by a worn out husband who looked like he hadn't slept in a decade.
I told him to go to bed...then sat down at my computer trying to put the pieces together...mostly because this behavior from the alters is actually alot more rare now and I wanted to know what was going on.
I sit at my computer hoping one of them will begin typing on the keys and leave me a note to read when I "come back" so that I can tell my husband and deal with things.
An hour later I find out that Anya (she's deaf) got shoved out somehow and she didn't know how to get home or use the GPS and for some reason she was locked out so no one could take her place.
It sounds like she just kept driving until she saw something familiar, oddly, she picked the last parking lot she had been in a year ago...
This entire time though she didn't text my husband, so he was just worrying not knowing what was going on an awful ordeal for someone to have to go through.
It's things like this that I know can destroy even the strongest marriage.
No one can run on adrenaline forever, eventually you crash.
For me, I feel truly fortunate to have the husband that I do, he balances me out but still allows me to be who I am and is supportive to a fault. I will always fight for him, because I love him, even if the alters don't.
I hope the efforts we've made with the alters to partner with them instead of direct them will pay off.
Sometimes it's just like all we want to do is wave the white flag and tell them not to shoot...we just want peace and a working relationship with them since we know they will always be part of our VERY real life.
I don't want them just dipping out of my life whenever they feel like it either though, especially while I'm trying to write a book and run a business it simply isn't an option as a professional.
No one from my job has ever known I had D.I.D. and at this point I need to keep it that way, since I know the response wouldn't be a positive one for various reasons...but living with this alone can be even harder than telling people.
I do have a close network of friends who know in addition to my husband, but most of my closest friends are unaware of the alters. Those who do usually do because they were there during some debacle or event that "outed" us.
It's hard living with this, I don't feel that anyone can really truly be accepting of D.I.D. because of all the turmoil it can cause without warning.
I've never met anyone else with D.I.D. so I don't know if a long term relationship is realistic or not. This thought process is scaring me.
-Divided Mind-
No comments:
Post a Comment